[PD] Windows low latency first-hand experiences?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 17:28:45 CET 2009

Hi,

I've already browsed the archives and found some helpful information
about getting low latency in Windows with PD.

Now i'd love to hear about anyone who has been able to get as low as
15-20ms latency in Windows using PD, without getting glitches,
preferably in Vista and with external hardware, such as USB or firewire
cards.
[not that I prefer Vista over XP, but I just happen to have it installed
on my new laptop, so if I can get what I need without installing another
OS it would be better for me]

I guess I should go for ASIO4ALL and I want to buy an external audio
interface, so I was wondering for example if there is any reason for
preferring usb vs firewire or viceversa; if any audio interface in
particular has proven to work well (or bad so that I avoid buying it)
for this purpose; if asio4all performs equally well with external
hardware as with built-in hardware......

Any positive or negative experience is welcome; a positive
easy-to-reproduce experience is what I'm looking for.

Also, if the same can be achieved with some relatively-newbie-friendly
almost-out-of-the-box GNU/Linux distribution, it may be worth trying...

Thanks in advance
m.