[PD] Best way to deal with many tables.

David Doukhan david.doukhan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 14:00:37 CET 2009

2009/2/21 B. Bogart <ben at ekran.org>:
> Thanks all for your comments.
> David, How fast was your python code to generate the tables? Seems like
> it would be about the same issues as dynamic patching.

The python code does not generate the tables: it generates a patch.
IE: suppose you wrote a patch that load a piece of data into an array:
this is your atomic component.
Then, with the python script (or any language you like), you generate
a patch storing all those atomic components.
The goal is just to avoid putting a huge number of components on a
patch yourself, since it could be automatized.
This is not a dynamic solution: once the patch has been generated, it
won't change until you generate it again.
So concerning the performances (speed, etc...), they will be the same
as non dynamic solution.
I don't know if it corresponds to what you're looking for, if it seems
to suit your needs, I can try to explain better.

--
David Doukhan