[PD] I am a new user confused as to why I cant get GEM object to work.

Geoff geoffspuredata at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:56:04 CET 2009

I did install the X11 software from the apple osx 10.4 dvd.

Tried getting rid of both plist files.

but no joy yet.
geoff

On 23 Feb 2009, at 19:35, Conor Higgins wrote:

> Geoff,
>
> I am having a similar problem, you can fix it by getting rid of
> that plist file but there's no guarantee with that either. I had to
> add each library to the startup path on my own machine but the
> artist I am working with can't do this with libraries like Gem or
> PDP or PiDiP, So i think it has something to do with the software
> x11 not being installed on his computer. If you try to install it
> you should get rid of this error, unfortunately he is still having
> problems as his system wont allow the installation, but maybe you
> will have more luck with this.
>
> Conor
>
> On 23 Feb 2009, at 19:18, Jack wrote:
>
>> Maybe, remove your pref : org.puredata.pd.plist in ~/Library/
>> Preferences/ and retry.
>> ++
>>
>> Jack
>>

>> Le 23 févr. 09 à 20:08, Geoff a écrit :
>>
>>> Just installed X11 from OSX 10.4 dvd
>>>
>>> I get the following on start up
>>>
>>> libdir loader $Revision: 1.8 $
>>> 	written by Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>>> 	compiled on Jul 29 2008 at 03:24:20
>>> 	compiled against Pd version 0.40.3.extended
>>> /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/Gem/
>>> Gem.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/
>>> Resources/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_darwin, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/
>>> X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
>>>  Referenced from: /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/
>>> extra/Gem/Gem.pd_darwin
>>>  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
>>> 	/usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
>>> Gem: can't load library
>>> libdir_loader: added 'cyclone' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'zexy' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'creb' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'cxc' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'iemlib' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'list-abs' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'mapping' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'markex' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'maxlib' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'memento' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'mjlib' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'motex' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'oscx' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'pddp' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'pdogg' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'pixeltango' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'pmpd' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'rradical' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'sigpack' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'smlib' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'toxy' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'unauthorized' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'pan' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'freeverb' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'hcs' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'jmmmp' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'ext13' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'ggee' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'flib' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'ekext' to the global objectclass path
>>> libdir_loader: added 'flatspace' to the global objectclass path
>>> /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/
>>> pdp.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/
>>> Resources/extra/pdp.pd_darwin, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/
>>> lib/libX11.6.dylib
>>>  Referenced from: /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/
>>> extra/pdp.pd_darwin
>>>  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
>>> 	/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
>>> pdp: can't load library
>>> /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/
>>> pidip.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/
>>> Resources/extra/pidip.pd_darwin, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/