[PD] Google Summer of Code 2009!

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Wed Feb 25 20:44:04 CET 2009

Hallo Hans, list !

> Google is doing summer of code again, this time we have the knowledge
> and an app so that we can get chosen again.  Here's the site:
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/
>
> Here's our app from last year:
>
> http://puredata.info/dev/summer-of-code/

Nice - I quickly looked through the old applications, which were really
many ...

I think we shouldn't make that many applications this year (as google
suggested to us) and try to describe the few ones much better.

> The first question to answer is: are all of the mentors from last year
> still up for being a mentor this year?  The mentor gets $500 per
> student, perhaps being a mentor would be more enticing if the mentor
> got to keep the $500.  Here's the list from last year:

I would be up for a mentor this year, as I am now working somehow ;)

What do you mean, how should we proceed ?
Maybe we should make a new WIKI page and each mentor describes the
projects he likes on the new page (and copies parts from last years
projects) !

Then we could decide a few days before the deadline, which descriptions
are complete enough for the proposal.

LG
Georg