[PD] Transcoding Stream in VLC => pd => pdp_icedthe~

mark edward grimm mgrimm at syr.edu
Fri Feb 27 21:53:51 CET 2009

OK. I was looking into transcodeing a live asx stream so i could use it in PD with pdp_icedthe~

my VLC m3u file looks like this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,live12.asx
#EXTVLCOPT:sout=#transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=800,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,dst=localhost:8080}}
mms://ph.wm.live05.pscdn.net/00302597_live12?MSWMExt=.asf

can anyone tell if i am doing something wrong? it all runs fine in VLC and seems like its transcoding yet I get :

pdp_icedthe~ : connecting to url=http://localhost:8080/
pdp_icedthe~ : connecting to host=>localhost< port=>8080< mountpoint=><
error: pdp_icedthe~: connection failed!

pdp_icedthe~ : connection thread 0 launched

i probably dont need the "localhost" part... but either way it does not work. apache is installed and running. is there something maybe with port i should do?

i guess i just cant tell where I am, or if, i am missing something...

im on ubuntu 8.10 now... but will be on osx 10.5 this weekend. right now it does not work on either.

maybe someone has done this already?

Thanks
mark

mark edward grimm | m.f.a | ed.m
syracuse u. | vpa foundations | timearts
adjunct | new media consultant
megrimm.net | socialmedia.org/GROUP & LLC
mgrimm at syr.edu | 315.378.2136