[PD] PureData patches/hacks

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 20:52:57 CET 2009

Yes, hid provides very comprehensive documentation and debugging tools that
you can use for this.
Open the hid help patch (you can find this easily by creating an [hid]
object in a blank canvas and then right clicking (ctrl+click on mac) and
selecting help. This patch will be very useful to probe the data sent from
various devices.

Next, click on the message box labeled [print( and look at the output in the
Pd console. You will see a device list that numbers each device starting at
0 and also gives a brief description of the device.

After you find your device of choice, click on the radio button
corresponding to it's number, or if you prefer send a message [open n( where
n is the device number that was printed in the console.

Now that your device is loaded by hid, try giving it some input and
observing the various number boxes and toggles to get a feel for the range
and style of output that your device offers.

I hope this helps! Happy hacking.

~Kyle

-----
http://perhapsidid.wordpress.com