[PD] multiple .pdsettings files? [was Re: Strange real time behavior with pd-extended...)]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Apr 3 20:30:35 CEST 2009

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Martin Schied wrote:

> I'd like to have the possibility to have multiple versions of
> .pdsettings (so changes can directly be applied in the menu and saved
> for future use). For a short period of time I was using some start
> commands copying .pdsettings files around before starting pd but that
> was (obviously) no good solution.

You can change the value of $HOME in the context of Pd:

   HOME=$HOME/realtime-pd pd blah.pd

or

   (export HOME=$HOME/realtime-pd
    pd blah.pd)

which I believe are exactly the same, but with the latter syntax you can
do more... but changing HOME means that ~ at the beginning of filenames
will change its meaning, for any context that understands ~ to mean $HOME.