[PD] >, <, &&, || etc

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Apr 5 22:43:14 CEST 2009

I think there a workable solution for the problem of object names that
use characters that don't work on all filesystems.  For binaries, like
 >~, they can be linked into a .pd_linux that is loaded as part of the
libdir.  One part of the libdir plan is to have a shared library that
is loaded when the libdir is loaded.  That mechanism could also be
used to load a file that includes these classes.

So a library like 'audiomath' would then have audiomath/
libaudiomath.pd_linux.  Normally, audiomath/libaudiomath.pd_linux
would only include shared code, but for this case, it would also
include the >~ class, etc.

.hc