[PD] route float

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 6 18:48:11 CEST 2009

Hallo,
marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:

> I am trying to parse shader programs to automatically generate user
> interfaces (for uniform variables). I have to differentiate between
> messages like
>
> [uniform float value1(
> [uniform vec2 value2(
> [something totally different(
> [route uniform]
> [route float vec2]
> [symbol\
>
> The problem appears as soon as float value1 tries to pass "route float",
> which gives me "error: Bad arguments for message 'float' to object
> 'messresponder'".

Is "value1" a number or something else, like a symbol? if it's a symbol, then
you are trying to use a float-message with a symbol argument like "float abc"
which is, uhm, not supported, at least not in [route] or [print] or so.

As a workaround, replace the "float" with something else using [select float]
i.e.:

 [uniform float value1(

 [unpack s s s]
 |     [select float]