[PD] Pdpedia and random generation

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 22:37:05 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Philip Potter
<philip.g.potter at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/31 Alexandre Porres <porres at gmail.com>:
>> so we need :someone" to manage the system, ok, but then I see that this
>> problem is kinda well solved, right?
>> But how do you all see the writting of articles? Is it growing out well? I
>> believe "someone" could also direct how things are going, and that a main
>> team could work on it by fomenting its development and all...
>> right?
>
> Something like a WikiProject on wikipedia? It would be good to have
> standards on how articles should be formatted and what kind of
> information should be presented. I see there has been some effort to
> generate a standard layout for an article on an object, with inlets,
> outlets, arguments and messages as separate sections; but I can't find
> a good article to serve as an example for how all articles should
> look. The best I can find is:
> http://wiki.puredata.info/en/dac~
> http://wiki.puredata.info/en/metro
> If more articles looked like this, I think pdpedia would be much more useful.
Yo -
I made this
http://wiki.puredata.info/en/switch%7E
long ago with the intention of it serving as an example (but of
course, it could use improvement).

As you can see, it makes use of a few tricks for styling object
references I added when Pdpedia was birthed - I think they were
forgotten though : ).  Check out the source to see how they're done.

Best
Luke