[PD] [PD-announce] Pd FLOSS Manual Update pt 1

Georg Werner georg at fricklr.de
Sat Apr 11 23:36:03 CEST 2009

Hi Derek,

thanks for your work of getting this all together and reviewing it etc.
i liked the sprint and especially liked getting a face connected to some
of the names i knew from the list.
some questions:

> * http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/PureData/Tables
> --where does this go? Dataflow or Audio? (Audio I think)
yes i thought audio
> --Would be good to integrate with
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/PureData/ArraysGraphsTables
a lot of the things i did are covered there but more in the style of a
reference then a story - i tried to have one but i'm confused about
> --Could this also be structured like tutorial rather than taxonomy?
what do you mean by taxonomy?
> --I'd like to crop screenshots to get rid of menu bar
no problem
> --Incomplete, needs expansion and also "loop it" and "play sections" parts
will do that if i have the feeling that its work that is done in a way
it is helpful.
(the idea was to loop it with line~ and then bring the first part
(melodie step sequencer)
together with the second by playing samples at different speeds
controlled by the sequencer).
but just now i dont really understand what i did wrong in order to make
it a tutorial.
g.