[PD] Needed libs for extended on Linux

John Harrison john.harrison at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 14 08:16:09 CEST 2009

One idea is to go into Synaptic on your machine, choose pd-extended,
right-click and choose "properties". Then choose the "dependencies" tab.
Of course you won't need all the libraries you see listed, since many of
those will already be installed on your ubuntu studio machine.

Is it an option to get internet access to the machine in question? My
standard trick is to enable internet connection sharing using
firestarter on my ubuntu laptop, then connecting the ethernet jack of my
laptop to the computer in question using a crossover cable. This allows
the computer in question to get internet through my laptop's wifi.

-John

Nicanor Garcia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry to bother you with this question but I'm really in a hurry.
>
> I need to install pd-extended on a machine that doesn't have access to
> internet, it is a machine in my university.
>
> We installed Ubuntu Studio 8.04 on it and it's working fine.
>
> I forced the installation with the deb package but I got some errors
> about Gem and others externals not working because of some needed libs.
>
> For tomorrow I need to work with all the audio objects so I was
> thinking about downloading the deb packages for the needed libs in my
> house and taking them in an Flash memory, but I'm not sure which
> packages do I really need.
>
> I'll apreciate if you could help me.
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Nicanor García O.