[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 49, Issue 72

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Tue Apr 14 10:41:46 CEST 2009

Hey Phil,
thanks a lot for the suggestions, in the end i solved deleting the pref.
file. But doing it from the terminal.
Sorry, for not answering but i was in incredible rush.
For info, the plist file wasn't there and after some typing in the terminal
it appeared (odd behaviour). When i tried to open it the file was empty, but
from terminal i could see the string where the error was. Then i deleted it
from the terminal.
The laptop wasn't mine so that i don't know the technical details of it, but
later i think i will be able to answer with that, if needed.

Besides i was checking the related FAQs, but i didn't find anything about
deleting the plist, so (as it was the first time i had to manage a pref.
issue) i wasn't sure at all about deleting it and how to do it and i had to
find the instructions about using defaults in the terminal to modify or
delete the file.
Then with your email and some googling i understood that one line from the
terminal could solve everything.
I just miss this indication in the FAQs or it's missing for real?
if it's missing i think it could be useful to add it there in the FAQ
section, cause as a newbie to this kind of operations i got lost for some
hours.
best

Marco

--