[PD] get block-size in upsampled / downsampled patches - sample based delay?

Martin Schied crinimal at gmx.net
Mon Apr 20 14:09:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm currently creating some analysis patches which have to run upsampled
(simply because I don't want to wait ages). Inside these patches I need
to know how many samples have been passed (or how much "upsampled time"
has passed). So I can't use [delay] and made a counter which counts
samples, based on current blocksize and bang~.

I get the current blocksize from [bang~] [timer] and [samplerate].  (see
attachment) But in upsampled patches the [samplerate~] outputs the
"upsampled" samplerate, so my calculated blocksize is upsampling-factor
* audio-samplerate.

is there a way to get the "upsampling factor"?  or is there already a
blocksize based [delay] for messages i have overseen?

attached the abstraction I use for block size at the moment.

cheers

;
artin