[PD] microbs/virus/fluids and such visuals

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Apr 21 18:58:38 CEST 2009

Hey,

ydegoyon at gmail.com wrote:
> ola,
>
> i don't know if someone here
> have suceeded in doing organic visuals,
> simulating microbes, viruses and fluids ?
>
> which way we should look?
> shaders, glsl?

I'm working on a project (codenamed RDEX) somewhat related - it uses
GLSL shaders to simulate Reaction-Diffusion chemistry (similar to
cellular automata), analyses them in various ways to find interesting
parameter points, with communication to a web server that provides
search by similarity in various metrics.

No Pd is involved at all, though...

Some (very old) screenshots and videos here:

http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/rdex/

(note that the videos have bright strobing colours, be careful if you
are sensitive)

Source code (probably not suitable for public consumption yet, but might
give you ideas) here:

svn co https://code.goto10.org/svn/maximus/2009/rdex-client/
svn co https://code.goto10.org/svn/maximus/2009/rdex-server/

> if someone can point me to an example,