[PD] windows installer test setup: call for tweaking!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Apr 23 02:24:53 CEST 2009

Hey all,

Some Windows people have talked about improving the installer.  Georg
Werner and João in particular, and others maybe too.  I'm the current
maintainer for the Windows installer.  But I don't use Windows at all,
so I don't really know how it should behave.

So I just made an easy Inno Setup/IS Tool development package so
people can just install the "ISPack" and work on the installer without
having to compile or do anything else.

http://files.jrsoftware.org/ispack/ispack-5.2.3.exe
http://bxmc.poly.edu/pdlab/windows-inno-setup-devpack.zip

Unzip windows-inno-setup-devpack.zip, then open packages/win32_inno/pd-
inno.iss and edit away.  Then click the "compile" button on the
toolbar to generate a package.

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs