[PD] canvas label

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 09:10:49 CEST 2009

Well, this isn't completely true... You could use a "Comment" object
on top of the canvas, instead of having just the canvas... it does
sound like you are using static text, so you won't need to change the
label for the canvas, right?

Mike

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Laurent WILLKOMM <willkomm at pt.lu> wrote:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>>
>> Laurent WILLKOMM wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi pd-list,
>>> if I give a canvas a label including a #, it shows a $ instead (Debian,
>>> WinXP, OSX). Is this a bug or intended behavior ?
>>
>> it's the way it is currently implemented: guiobjects internally use # to
>> represent $ (to bypass Pd's (and probably tcl's) expansion mechanism).
>> therefore all # are replaced by $.
>>
>> you could consider this as a bug (though i think it's unlikely to get
>> "fixed" anytime...soon).
>>
>> fgmasdr
>> IOhannes
>
> Thanks for your quick answers to my question. So it is unfortunataly not
> possible to label canvases C, C#, ..
>
> L. Willkomm

W. C. Fields  - &quot;A rich man is nothing but a poor man with
money.&quot; - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/w_c_fields.html