[PD] pd + controller - uploaded tutorial to pd.info

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Apr 27 03:56:16 CEST 2009

Derek and Adam are the editors, so they set the tone.  I think it
would be useful to have more in the chapter on MIDI, but also it would
be useful to have a section on making a synth that is MIDI-controllable.

.hc

On Apr 25, 2009, at 4:26 PM, donotreply wrote:

> I made myself a user and uploaded the tutorial to
>
> https://puredata.info/Members/fgadea/using-pd-with-a-midi-controller/at_download/file
>

> I´m not able to add it to the FLOSS manual till next week (I belive
> I will have a few free days then).
>
> Wouldn´t it be better if I include it in the "Controlling the
> synthesizer" chapter instead of the midi one?
>
> I also managed to built a quite usefull adsr filter with the four
> parameters working, and I could make a tutorial for it in some weeks
> from now. I know that this things I´m doing are really basic stuff
> compared with the things one can do after reading the book in https://puredata.info/Members/puls/new%20Pd%20book%20released
>  , which I find great.  Shouldn´t the floss manual refear to that
> book for further learning?
>
> best to all
>
> nan
>

>> donotreply escribió:
>>>
>>> Well, then I will add it to the FLOSS manual in a few days when I
>>> got some free time again, and I will upload it to puredata.info
>>> probably this weekend if not tomorrow (thankyou Hans-Christoph for
>>> the tip). I would like to be shure that the english I used is
>>> correct but I guess that if it is not someone will fix it.
>>>
>>> In the future I belive I will have to expand the tutorial adding
>>> information about the ctlout object, in order to show how to send
>>> back the midi data, something easy and really helpfull when
>>> working with motorized controllers or such (like the bitstream 3x
>>> named in the patch provided by Xose, which is not motorized but
>>> uses the midi feedback in order to avoid data jumps).
>>>
>>> nan

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams