[PD] abstraction help argument

Hans Roels hans.roels at versateladsl.be
Mon Apr 27 09:19:45 CEST 2009

Hello,

If you open the help file of an abstraction and no help file is
present, the abstraction itself is opened but without the arguments!
Is there a good reason for this or is this a bug?
It seems more logical to me that the open function would be an
identical substitute for the help function if there is no help
file.  The present situation is quite confusing: I remember trying to
debug an abstraction and realising (after a lot of time) that I
wasn't working in the opened abstraction (with arguments) but in the
opened abstraction as a help file (without arguments).

tested this behavior in pd vanilla and pd extended 0.40.3

Hans r