[PD] Having trouble using webcam in PDP.

fín paulfinn81 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:38:16 CEST 2009

Hi all, I'm having trouble receiving image from my web cam while using
[pdp_ctrack] or [pix_video]. I just get a noisey image. The webcam's i have
are Microsoft VX-1000 and a A4-tech. I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 on a Dell
Studio laptop. I can access the picture using other software such as Cheese.
I've tried the camera on another ubuntu laptop and it worked fine with both
gem and pdp. I can't figure out why it will work with some software and not
with Gem/pdp. The version of Pd I have is 40.3.

any help greatly appreciated

Paul.