[PD] meta-instrument pure data project

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 22 03:04:40 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've been working on this for 5 years.

You, and many pd people can download the pre-release of metastudio 3 here:
http://sharktracks.co.uk/puredata/metastudio-029.tar.gz

I would dearly love others to contribute, and I'll hopefully be presenting the software at the Sao Paulo PD convention this year if I can find the money to get there.

It'll be in the subversion repository when v3 is done, along with a guide to the principles by which metastudio objects might be developed by others (i.e. I don't want to be the only one doing this any more), so there are some ways in which I'm trying to create more than just a set of objects (check out metapatch.pd)

I'm working on help files for all objects. Some are quite complex (such as the sequencing objects that require two storage objects for the whole database and an exra one for the current pattern) but there is a whole lot of functionality built in, such as a new patern copies the current pattern, and user-defined modular synthesis patches can have state-saving mechanisms (modpatch.pd)

Sorry it's not all there, but it will be by the PD convention (19th-26h July, Sao Paulo, Brazil)

As for Metavj, well, that'll be finished also. No help files yet, sorry!

Ed