[PD] crash in readanysf~ 0.33

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat May 23 10:51:26 CEST 2009

hi

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> From my experience, the easiest path to supporting readanysf~ on all of
> the Pd-extended platforms would be to import the avdec code into the
> pure-data SVN and then set it up to build there.  That is, unless
> IOhannes wants to deploy Gem using gmerlin_avdec sooner rather than
> later.  That might change things somewhat.  But then it might be easier
> to use the old "GemLibs" style of including an external lib.

hmm, i cannot entirely follow here.

my point has always been quite clear, that i do not especially like the
idea putting every single line of source we can get our hands on and
which some piece of software eventually included by Pd-extended depends
on into the repository.

i'd purge GemLibs alltogether rather sooner than later (afaik it is
currently entirely dysfunctional; but you never know and that is the
main reason why it is still there...) and instead revive the idea of
providing GemLib-packages with pre-compiled binaries of the dependencies.

finally, i was wondering what i have to do in order to use gmerlin_avdec
in Gem (which has not been yet done; i suppose you did not break the
entire code-base on your way to porting it to osx/w32 ;-))

fgamdr
IOhannes