[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.41.4 released!

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 8 09:08:10 CEST 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Have you tried?  I think you'd need about 200-300 megs max, the -dev
> packages are not large.  The source tarball is 30 megs.  That thing has
> 4 gigs, right?

it has a 4gig sdd card. this does not necessarily mean that there are
4gb available on josephs machine :-)

anyhow, what i would be interested in: i thought that NBR is just a
slightly modified flavour of an ordinary ubuntu release, with better
support for various netbook hardware and slightly modified appearance in
order to make better use of the limited screen size.

since nobody ever cared to create a flavour of Pd that uses space more
efficiently (and that without breaking visual compatibility to PdX), i
don't see anything that would make a NBR deb different from an ordinary
ubuntu deb.

so why can't you just install jaunty package?
(after a bit of googling i noticed that they use lpia as "architecture",
which mainly differs in optimization flags for the compiles; since (i
guess that) nobody has cared yet to find "lpia optimized" flags for PdX,
the resulting binaries will really be the same)
there are tools for converting ordinary i386 debs to lpia, like the one
here: http://ppa.launchpad.net/feranick/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/d/deb2lpia/

fgamsdr
IOhannes