[PD] Revising Help Files

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 06:09:05 CEST 2009

Hi List,
I'm interested in revising the help files for the basic objects in
pd-ext.  Basically having a standard table so that one can find
quickly find basic info on an object.

I made an abstraction called htab that automatically formats this
information in a gop abstraction.  Currently I'm entering the info
as arguments to htab, which works quite well when using
ctrl-t.

However, there are currently lots of different help patch formats in
the reference folder for the common pd objects.  I'd like to have
one standard format to make it quicker and easier to get help.

Attached are examples of what I'd like to implement.  Aside from
the pddp/dsp abstraction, it has the benefit of being vanilla-
compatible and fitting on an 800x600 screen (at least on windows).

Please have a look at the attached and let me know if this seems
like a good format or not.  The patches should work with the
current pd-x.

Thanks,
Jonathan