[PD] [ot][really ot] microphone amplifier

mrz zweitens at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 21:32:07 CEST 2009

hello, thanks for all the replies!

This won't work with the AK1, because the level of those electret-mics is to
low. The mic-input in AK1 is working for other mics like dynamic mics or
condensator mics. Or am i missing something? (I'm not really educated in
microphonics.)

Anyway, I found now my fast workaround: -(because the performance will be in
less than 2 weeks, and I have to hack telephons and a lot of other stuff)-
The cheap microphon goes into my mp3-player and will be amplified there in
monitor mode and goes direct into the Audio Kontrol 1.

thanks again- When I have the time I build this "amp-circuit"..

cheers
moritz

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 3:25 AM, PSPunch <shima at pspunch.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I use an AK1 myself.
> It has two inputs channels, one with a mic preamp (and also 48V) built in
> it.
>
> For your "cheap mic" (mono I suppose?) it is likely that all you need is an
> adapter to convert it to the relevant size... 1/4inch or XLR. Pop it into
> input channel 1 and select the input source to "MIC" using the front button.
>
> If your "stereo mic" is one of those that are battery operated and has 1
> output connector, it is likely you will need a connector to split the output
> to feed the two inputs in front of the AK1.
>
> And last, if your stereo mic is NOT battery operated, you will probably
> need at least one external mic preamp cause the AK1 has only one built in.
>
> If you can send me a photo of the mic including the connectors, I maybe
> able to forward you to the necessary adapters.
>

>  hei,
>> I have a question not directly related to PD. But since this list is my
>> favorite audio and device-hackers list I ask it here.
>> (maybe you can refer me to a nice list about topics like that.)
>> I have some microphones - a very cheap small microphone and a stereo mic-
>> they work fine to record into my mp3-player.
>> But I want to record directly with those mics into pd trough my soundcard
>> (audio kontrol 1). And it's not amplified.
>> How can i build a hardware amplifier for those mics- or buy something like
>> that? any suggestions?
>> (I prefer to buy something- since I have to hack allready a lot of other
>> devices...)
>>
>> thanks for any hints
>> cheers
>> [moritz~]