[PD] use LADSPA plugins under Mac OS X (pd-extended, plugin~)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Jun 14 20:47:06 CEST 2009

On Jun 14, 2009, at 1:51 PM, Jamie Bullock wrote:

> On 13 Jun 2009, at 16:14, Rua Haszard Morris wrote:
>

>> Thanks, I forgot about dssi~. I'll give it a go.
>>
>> What's the story behind the "postlude" edition?!
>>

> It's a version of extended that I use for my own personal work. It's
> extended with some extra stuff added in including csoundapi~, dssi~
> + some DSSI plugins, aubio, libxtract etc. My domain used be
> postlude.co.uk hence 'postlude', but it could just as well be the
> 'jamiebullock' edition ;-)
>
> I fully intend to start merging stuff from postlude into extended
> proper, it's just a question of time and priorities.

An easy next step would be to make that stuff into a libdir, then
people can just drop it into the user externals folder to install it.
I guess the hard part is including the dependent libs on Mac OS X and
Windows.  On Windows, you can just include the DLL in the same folder,
on Mac OS X, you have to do a bit more since dylibs use the complete
path.

You have to tell the pd object to link to the dylibs in the same
folder like this:

install_name_tool -change /sw/lib/libgavl.1.dylib  libgavl.1.dylib
readanysf~.pd_darwin

And you have to tell the dylib itself that it doesn't have a path:

install_name_tool -id libgavl.1.dylib libgavl.1.dylib

.hc