[PD] Re : Split multichannel audio file into stereo pairs

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 16 22:58:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 09:03 +0000, dwanafite wrote:
> Hi
>
> You could use [readsf~ 12] to read your file and then several [writesf~ 2] to record, but i guess you want something faster... However, I don't know how readsf~ behaves with 12 tracks/32-bits files (that's somewhat extreme).

this is not a bad idea, i'd say. you can put both, the [readsf~ 12]  and
the six [writesf~], into an upsampled subpatch to make it faster (using
a [block~] object).
even if your harddrive wouldn't be able to read or write that fast, you
won't have any dropouts in the resulting files, since pd works in a
deterministic manner.

since version 0.42, there is a -batch flag, that allows you to run pd as
a sound 'renderer at maximum speed, similar to the 'bounce-to-file'
option in some DAWs. then you don't even need any [block~] trickery
anymore.

roman