[PD] pd + git

Timur Batyrshin batyrshin at ieml.ru
Wed Jun 17 09:06:38 CEST 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:02:42 -0300
cristiano figueiró wrote:

> exactly, well...i can acces every commit in text format, then save as
> othername.pd and then open pd..anyone maintain pd patches repos in
> git?

As far as I know, you can not access files from two commits
simultaneously in git.
If you need that you can clone your git repository and checkout older
commits in the second one while working on the mainline.
However, I think, this way becomes awkward if you need accessing files
from three and more commits simultaneously because you need to store
several repos, yet it does not use extra disk space when working
locally.