[PD] load_every_help test script ready for use

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Jun 20 00:34:53 CEST 2009

So I finally got my load_every_help.py script pretty well debugged and
so it can actually survive a bunch of conditions.  Basically, its a
simple automated test of every help patch.  You give it a base
directory for Pd, and it opens every help patch and logs the result.
This makes it easier to see which help patches have problems.  I could
see this script doing something like posting anytime there is a
"couldn't create" error.

Here's an example log, I ran it without X on Debian, so all of the Gem
and probably PDP stuff failed.

http://autobuild.puredata.info/pdlab/load_every_help-2009-06-19_01.04.42.log

I think this script could also then serve as the basis of a regression
testing script.  It would basically look thru the SVN for any *-
regression.pd file.  These pd patches would run some bit of code, then
print out the word "SUCCESS".  If it doesn't that's a fail and it'd be
automatically mailed to the list.