[PD] is bang~ limited to a 64 sample block?

Martin Schied crinimal at gmx.net
Sat Jun 20 16:34:15 CEST 2009

hi!

Actually I have no precise knowledge of dsp scheduling and such things,
I only had this 64-sampes "problem" once but found other solutions to
solve it. From my (current) point of view it's not a good method to
reduce scheduling times too much on a desktop cpu, because of overhead
becoming more and more significant - but maybe I'm totally wrong here
and there are scheduling mechanisms without those  side effects.

When I had this issue I had an idea to work out a "virtual" sample
accurate timing mechanism on patch level which has additional 64 samples
delay but gives you possibility to describe your problem as "sample based".

for example a threshold~ with sample accurate output can be achieved by
using tabsend~ and tab_ge from iemtab. But that was not thought very far.

maybe I'll think about it when I have more time...

btw. what for did you need these high-accuracy timings? would be
interesting to gather some of those timing problems and look for a
common solution...

cheers
Martin