[PD] gem and double buffer

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sat Jun 20 20:30:21 CEST 2009

Le 19 juin 09 à 16:43, Jack a écrit :

> Le 19 juin 09 à 16:23, cyrille henry a écrit :
>

>> Jack a écrit :

>>> Yep, there is blur with antialiasing and with [pix_snap] and
>>> [pix_texture] (with quality 0 or 1) or with [pix_snap2tex]. But
>>> it seems to be OK with [gemframebuffer] and [pix_texture] (with
>>> quality 0 or 1).
>>> Have you an other method to avoid blur with [pix_snap] and
>>> [pix_snap2tex] with antialiasing ?
>>
>> pix_snap2tex and antialiasing did not gives blur here.
>> at least with the attached patch.
>> but i thik it used to.
>> i would not be surprised if that would depend on the driver/
>> hardware...
>>
>> could you try this patch?
>
> Yep, i get blur here.
> MacOSX.4.11, Pd version 0.41.4-extended-rc2, GEM ver: 0.91.3 'tigital'
> I will test tomorrow on Ubuntu 9.04.
> ++
>
> Jack

It's OK with Ubuntu 9.04 and Pd cersion 0.41.4-extended and GEM ver:
0.92.CVS, there is no blur.
However, i have a strange behaviour with Ubuntu/Pd/GEM with
[pix_snap2tex] when i use 1024x768, my circle centers should be on
the same horizontal line but this not the case.
Here two screen captures of the same patch : one under MacOSX, the
other under Ubuntu.
Any idea about this strange behaviour under Ubuntu ?
To finish, there is no problem when i work with 800x600 !
++

Jack