[PD] gem and double buffer

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sat Jun 20 20:44:25 CEST 2009

Jack a écrit :

> It's OK with Ubuntu 9.04 and Pd cersion 0.41.4-extended and GEM ver:
> 0.92.CVS, there is no blur.
I asume your using a very recent nvidia driver.

> However, i have a strange behaviour with Ubuntu/Pd/GEM with
> [pix_snap2tex] when i use 1024x768, my circle centers should be on the
> same horizontal line but this not the case.
> Here two screen captures of the same patch : one under MacOSX, the other
> under Ubuntu.
> Any idea about this strange behaviour under Ubuntu ?
yes : the GEM windows you create is not 1024x768, because your screen is too small. it is certainly resized by the windows manager, so Gem did not know it's real size.
perspect is not what expected, so everything is wrong...

> To finish, there is no problem when i work with 800x600 !
yep, because it feet in the screen.
1024x768 will also work if you create it with "border 0"