[PD] hackmeetings at PDCon2009 in Brasil

glerm soares organismo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 20:24:58 CEST 2009

2009/6/18 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>

> I think your ideas definitely sound good.  One question I have is how to
> handle the languages.  Should it be only English, or should there be some
> Portuguese sessions too?

I am tottaly shure it's very important to take care of people that don't
speak english, and even from those who speak I am shure they will not
understand complex concepts in english better than in their native language
thoughts.

Brasil is not like european countries where english is almost a second
language, from my experience I'm shure that lot of newbies will need support
on that.

I can help as an interpreter also, but I think we need more volunteers on
that.

Also I encourage Spanish fluent speakers to try speaking "portuñol". (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portunol )

I'm setting a wiki/blog here, I will send the instructions in the next mail
(BTW - the http://puredata.info seems not to let users edit wikipages by
default. Is that true? My user could not and receives a message of
"Insuficient Privileges", I could had mailed pdmeister at iem.at but I think if
would be complicated if any new user would have to that - this is the reason
i'm  stting other wiki. Should I?)

té+
glerm