[PD] Revising Help Files

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jun 23 23:25:42 CEST 2009

On Jun 22, 2009, at 8:56 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Ok, a few more questions concerning help patches:
>
> 1. What is a PD-meta GENRE?  Is there a list of them somewhere to
> choose from?

I think we only really talked about obvious ones, like VERSION,
AUTHOR, COPYRIGHT, DESCRIPTION.  Don't remember anything about GENRE.
Perhaps that's something like a category. TAGS might also be
appropriate.

> 2. For PD-meta DATATYPE, take "gatom-help.pd" as an example:
> should this list acceptable DATATYPEs like "bang float list
> symbol", or just the datatypes that are most likely to be useful for
> this object, i.e., "bang float"?

Hmm, donno, any record of such things would be in the pddp IRC chat
transcripts.

> 3. Are all of the internal objects inherited from pd-vanilla really
> GPL?  I thought they were under the "Standard Improved BSD License"
> unless explicitly stating otherwise in the source code.

Yeah, what Frank said.  Some externals are also GPLv3 or later, while
most are GPLv2 or later.

.hc

> -Jonathan

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf