[PD] [PD-announce] Tutorial: Drum pattern editing in Pd using the rj library

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 23 23:45:50 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Jack hat gesagt: // Jack wrote:

> I just see the video, it looks impressive by its simplicity.

Thanks! :) Simplicity is one of the design goals of the rj-library. It has to
be vanilla and run well on slow machines (like iPhone/iTouch)

> A very good way to use drumboxes with Pd (i remember when i used Rebirth
> with a TR808 and a TR909 :).
> It would be nice to add effects or filters for each instruments. Maybe it
> is possible in [u_robinpoly] (i have never used it) ?

[u_robinpoly] is very similar to [polypoly] but it doesn't use [poly] inside,
instead it uses a round-robin modulo counter and [route] so it only works for
one-shot sound events without a separate "noteoff" event (like drums). But the
advantage is, that you can send any number of parameters to the auto-generated
abstractions inside, so you could also use a more elaborate abstraction with
effects, not just the simple sample player I used for demonstration purposes.

(Actually the [s_playtable] abstraction already allows additional parameters
besides the sample table name like transposition, speed, direction, starting
point etc.)

Ciao
--
Frank