[PD] [PD-announce] Tutorial: Drum pattern editing in Pd using the rj library

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jun 27 10:17:44 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Rich E hat gesagt: // Rich E wrote:

> Algorithmic rhythms still need need to be organised in some manner more
> meaningful than code, in my opinion.  There is huge area in-between
> algorithmic music and pop music.

I think, the RTC library includes some pretty good approaches for composing
rhythms algorithmically and in realtime. Many of its objects deal with rhythm
(and time in general) using IOIs (interonset intervals, RTC lib calles them ED
for "Entry Delay" times), which is kind of the opposite of the traditional
absolute times notation for events derived from traditional common notation
scores that is used in g_pattern32, but it's very powerful for composing
rhythms as processes.

Anyway there's room for both in Pd. :)

Ciao
--