[PD] bug in freeverb???

Julius Smith jos at ccrma.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 1 21:22:45 CEST 2009

Hmmm, this sounds like underflow traps ("denormals").  You should
also be able to add a small constant to the input signal.

I notice gcc has the option

-fno-trapping-math

which may make the problem disappear if my theory is correct.  (I
hope the FPU simply sets underflows quietly to zero when no trap can
be generated.)
There is also

-ffast-math

which is more aggressive.