[PD] Sysex out problems (linux only)

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 01:37:42 CEST 2009

Dear Sirs,

I just have never been successful with sysex in Pd and I'm asking for your
kind advice.
Attached is an example for a long sysex message which goes out on [midiout]
(linux only, afaik).
The problems I have:
- sysex gets fragmented (also when nothing is sent out meanwhile by other
objects). It is always properly terminated with '247' but the content is
often truncated. Is this a bug/feature...? What is your best recommendation
knowing that my patch is full of sysex outs (+envelopes on some of them!)
- sysex just magically does not work on the target machine ;o) I have no
clue why except for this thing with being truncated but it *never* works
even if the message seems to go out intact. Even more interesting that the
machine shows me that it is recieving sysex! Tried with the mpu-401 of an
Audigy and with a MOTU 828 mkII through Jack and a2jmidid (jack-alsa midi
bridge). Sysex is

Thanks a Lot!

--
Muranyi Andras