[PD] Sysex out problems (linux only)

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 19:24:39 CEST 2009

I think that pd's midi out doesn't take whole sysex messages though,
you simply send a stream of bytes.  This is how it has been working
for me.  I created an abstraction which takes a list of bytes and
makes it into a sysex message (stream of bytes) [adds the sysex start
and start and then outputs bytes one by one] and it works quite well
for me.

I've attached it just as an example.

Btw, the sysex loopback code [using the software through] that you
sent initially does work for me.. I get the whole message.

-Alex