[PD] Pduino 0.5/Firmata 2.1 beta release

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jul 10 06:18:34 CEST 2009

http://at.or.at/hans/pd/objects.html#pduino

There are some nice updates to Firmata and Pduino.  This release
mostly adds extensions to the protocol to support more pin modes and
their respective messages (Servo, I2C, Shift Registers, etc).  Here
are some specifics:

- Servo support for StandardFirmata
- support for using analog pins as digital I/Os for StandardFirmata
- new message to set the poll rate of StandardFirmata
- I2C Firmata example (needs Pd implementation)
- switch back to 57600 for standard bitrate
- made Firmata.begin(57600) explicit in all examples

Please test and report and bugs or issues.  We are trying to get this
included in the upcoming Arduino 0017 release.  Depending on the 0017
release schedule, we might be able to squeeze in Shift Register/Matrix
support too.  Also, just to note, this update includes code from (in
alphabetical order):

Ayah Bdeir
Erik Sjodin
Hans-Christoph Steiner
Jeff Hoefs
Shigeru Kobayashi
Zach Lieberman

(I hope I didn't forget anyone, let me know if I did).

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White