[PD] Pduino 0.5/Firmata 2.1 beta release

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jul 10 16:52:41 CEST 2009

I haven't had a chance to try it on the Mega yet.  Do you use the
Mega?  If so, I need testers for it.

.hc

On Jul 10, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Jose Luis Santorcuato wrote:

> Hans, hi, Arduino mega have 12 inputs, firmata and pduino  have
> these????
> Best regards
>
> José
>

> 2009/7/10 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>
> http://at.or.at/hans/pd/objects.html#pduino
>
> There are some nice updates to Firmata and Pduino.  This release
> mostly adds extensions to the protocol to support more pin modes and
> their respective messages (Servo, I2C, Shift Registers, etc).  Here
> are some specifics:
>
> - Servo support for StandardFirmata
> - support for using analog pins as digital I/Os for StandardFirmata
> - new message to set the poll rate of StandardFirmata
> - I2C Firmata example (needs Pd implementation)
> - switch back to 57600 for standard bitrate
> - made Firmata.begin(57600) explicit in all examples
>
> Please test and report and bugs or issues.  We are trying to get
> this included in the upcoming Arduino 0017 release.  Depending on
> the 0017 release schedule, we might be able to squeeze in Shift
> Register/Matrix support too.  Also, just to note, this update
> includes code from (in alphabetical order):
>
> Ayah Bdeir
> Erik Sjodin
> Hans-Christoph Steiner
> Jeff Hoefs
> Shigeru Kobayashi
> Zach Lieberman
>
> (I hope I didn't forget anyone, let me know if I did).
>
> .hc

> "It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
> don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
> Environmentalism", by Curtis White

> --
> http://www.chilemigra.cl
> http://arselectronicachile.blogspot.com
> http://www.myspace.com/santorcuato

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during
that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big
Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler