[PD] How to exchange tables between different instances of pd in real time?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jul 14 11:39:02 CEST 2009

Hallo,

Martin Schied hat gesagt: // Martin Schied wrote:

> I'm currenty connecting a fft-analysis and resynthesis patch with a gem
> patch containing pix_sig2pix~ and pix_pix2sig~. I have to use separate
> instances of pd, so some kind of table exchange has to take place
> between them. my tables are 65536 samples big at the moment.
>
> I tried netsend + until + tabread, but that was too slow and made huge
> drop outs in the audio patch. Then I found streamin~ and streamout~ but
> my patches had no sync - so I don't know beginnings and endings of
> successive tables.

I've never tried it myself so far, but I've seen people like Max Neupert have
great success with using the new [pd~] object (0.42) instead of running two
completely separate instances of Pd for dealing with Gem vs. audio glitches, so
that might be an alternative for you as well. It's easy to exchange data with a
pd~ object, you just use inlet~/inlet

Ciao
--
Frank