[PD] Lissajous figures?

Scott Nordlund gsn10 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:35:31 CEST 2009

I'm working on a "wave terrain synthesis" sort of algorithm and I think it would be convenient to somehow visualize the input to the "terrain" function, partly just to verify that what I have made is working properly.  As an "intermediate level" user, I'm not really sure how to approach the problem.

What I'm looking for is a more or less real time display of x and y inputs, like a Lissajous figure on an oscilloscope.  I suppose it should accumulate data over a certain interval (the fundamental frequency of the input, so that it displays a complete cycle), and then display it while new data is recorded.

Any ideas, suggestions, links to appropriate reading material?