[PD] Multiple audio devices limited to four devices?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 18 00:08:08 CEST 2009

hmm... "grep 4 *.c" didn't seem to help when I tried it.  Anyhow, I
found two places that would have to change: in s_stuff.h:

#define MAXAUDIOINDEV 4
#define MAXAUDIOOUTDEV 4

and in s_audio_oss.c:

#define OSS_MAXDEV 4            /* maximum number of input or output devices */

On a somewhat related note, you'l eventually get sync errors between the
devices unless you can find a way to hard-sync them.  If I were trying it,
I'd just phase-lock the crystals by connecting the five (or N) together
in parallel.  Worst that could happen is I'd have to buy 5 more interfaces :)