[PD] pd for linux

Alexandros Droseltis ml-pd at alex-droseltis.com
Sat Jul 18 17:20:26 CEST 2009

Hello!

I discovered pd yesterday (0.42.3-0.pm.1 for openSuSE) and I am amazed!
I created some small "mini installations" by playing with it and reading
the very nice tutorial at pd-tutorial.com and the doc that comes with
it. Unfortunately when I tried to use [expr] it took me 2 hours to find
out by experimenting, that in order to use it I have to start pd as

pd -lib /complete/path/to/expr~

It was neither mentioned in the tutorial, nor in the doc that comes with
it, nor anywhere else (where I searched). Are there any environment
variables for these paths? Could you point out a URL to me that covers
these basics? I would be grateful!

Best Regards

Alexandros