[PD] Easiest way to connect a wiimote to pd on ubuntu

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jul 22 21:14:48 CEST 2009

Damien Henry wrote:
> by using the compiled version of wiimote.pd_linux I've the following :
> /home/dh/Bureau/A/wiimote.pd_linux: libbluetooth.so.2: cannot open
>  wiimote
> ... couldn't create
>
> If I've rename the libbluetooth.so to libbluetooth.so.2 and get the

i would have suggested making a symbolic link from libbluethooth.so.2 to
libbluetooth.so (probably something might rely on libbluetooth.sh, and i
usually try not to break to many things)

> folowing :
> /home/dh/Bureau/A/wiimote.pd_linux: /home/dh/Bureau/A/wiimote.pd_linux:
> undefined symbol: hci_remote_name
>  wiimote
> ... couldn't create
>
> So I've recompile the libcwii 6.0.0 (you must edit the code and change
> hci_remote_name to hci_read_remote_name that is deprecated)

hmm, i guess it would be better to change the name in wiimote rather
than libcwii

> but
> wiimote.c is still not compilling :
> make
> cc -DPD -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wshadow
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch
> -I/usr/local/include -o wiimote.o -c wiimote.c
> wiimote.c: In function ‘cwiid_callback’:
> wiimote.c:238: erreur: déréférencement d'un pointeur de type incomplet
> wiimote.c:239: erreur: déréférencement d'un pointeur de type incomplet
> wiimote.c:242: erreur: déréférencement d'un pointeur de type incomplet
> wiimote.c: In function ‘cwiid_doConnect’:
> wiimote.c:404: erreur: déréférencement d'un pointeur de type incomplet
> wiimote.c:414: erreur: déréférencement d'un pointeur de type incomplet

i still don't understand why you get this...but:
i seem to use the sources of libcwiid for inclusion (hardcoded paths in
the externals) rather than the installed sources (from the debian package).

can't really help you though...

mfgas
IOhannes