[PD] motionblur ubuntu jaunty 9.04

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Fri Aug 14 16:09:14 CEST 2009

Hi all,
i know this topic has been discussed several times and i tried to read
everything i found about it.
I'm (finally) migrating to linux - (Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 + Pd-extended 41.4
rc3 + ATI Radeon) and my latest patch (which was working pretty fine on
windozz) is sucking CPU in an awful way, making Pd freeze. What Pd don't
like is [snap2tex].
When i run the usual example 07.texture/08.motionblur.pd Pd freeze almost
totally, even if i change [teapot] with [square].
So i found this long discussion on the dev-list
http://markmail.org/message/kfw4bottersadpgh#query:related%3Akfw4bottersadpgh+page:1+mid:zklyzlsnycqfasjn+state:results,
but i didn't find a solution about the issue of [snap2tex] going
incredibly slow on some OS.

Beside i tried using [gemframebuffer] but i got no result and this message
in Pd console:

[gemframebuffer]: default format is GL_RGB, 6407
[gemframebuffer]: default type is BYTE, 5121
[gemframebuffer]: default format is GL_RGB, 6407
[gemframebuffer]: default type is BYTE, 5121
GEM: Direct Rendering enabled!
GEM: GLEW version 1.5.0
GEM: Start rendering
error: [gemframebuffer]: openGL framebuffer extension is not supported by
this system
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.

it seems everything fine, and then it fucks me in the last moment.
Something i could do about these two issues, workarounds?

thanks..

Marco Donnarumma aka The !S.A.D!

Multimedia Artist, Live Performer - Roma, IT

LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://www.flxer.net

EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net