[PD] gridflow: logitech e2500 working in ekiga but not with gridflow?!!!(i used libv4l)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Aug 18 22:22:11 CEST 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, sisil mehta wrote:

> I've only loaded the gridflow library in the beginninng....no other
> libs. on the other thread by me discussing the crashing problem, i had
> updated the GF from svn as mathieu suggested, and it still crashed. i
> again ran the where and backtrace full commands and attached the new
> results in that thread.

I just thought about some other possible fix that I never tried. Run this
command in the same shell used to start pd, before starting pd:

   export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libstdc++.so

don't use this exact command, use it for each version of the lib you have.
e.g. on my computer, I'd try:

   export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
   pd examples/nervous_video.pd
   export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
   pd examples/nervous_video.pd

maybe I'm completely mistaken about LD_PRELOAD, or that I'm missing
something else, but I can't test it at the moment.

But even if this happens to work, I'd still rather have a tweak that I'd
do to GridFlow so that users don't have to do it at all.