[PD] patch to profile filters - sugestions?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:25:01 CEST 2009

> Miller's book is pretty nice. The docs also include filter-graph
> abstractions
> to profile filters similar to yours but a bit more powerful in that they
> also
> graph the phase response.

do you mean the examples around fig8.12 from figs.zip (filter section)? I
just tried out a couple minutes with them, and they looked made to do the
pictures, and not to serve as a general patch.

> Some nitpicks: your patches use some objects not available to me, namely
> [f+]
> and [lbang].  I assume they are trivial objects, why didn't you use use
> the
> standard [loadbang] and a [f][+] counter? Also the signal sends etc. are
> global, which makes it impossible to use the objects to compare two
> filters
> side by side.

these are my abstractions, you get them in pd-ext/jmmmp. lbang I use while
working on the patch, because it allows me to rebang, and f+ gives me more
options easily than just the "normal" counter. I might try a diferent
approach to the signal sends, involving $0 and copy-paste.