[PD] call for translations for new Pd GUI

Johannes Burström johannes at ljud.org
Tue Aug 25 10:23:22 CEST 2009

2009/8/22 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>:

> On Aug 22, 2009, at 6:03 AM, Johannes Burström wrote:
>> current state of the devel branch or my incompetence. Also, some label
>> widths seem to be hardcoded, so some label texts are cropped.
>
> Yeah, that's why I am starting this translation process now, rather than
> waiting until the full text is in the template.pot.  Please report these
> issues so I can fix them.  Its not hard to make the panel adjust width,
> though oftentimes the panels end up getting quite wide in some languages.
> I've tried to standardize the punctuation but haven't messed with the
> language too much because its been around so long.  I think you are talking
> about the iemguis (hslider, vslider, etc.) or do you also mean the gatoms
> (number box , symbol box) and arrays.

Mainly talking about the iemguis, yes. I could imagine taking away the
"-----dimensions(pix)..." headings and having boxes instead.

When it comes to labels getting cropped, i've so far only seen it
happen to the "Messages" labels in the iemguis, and now I see it
happen to the english translation as well. Maybe it would be and idea
to lose the "symbol" part of eg "Send symbol" and have a heading like
"Message symbols", besides of course to make them take up the whole
width.

And here I had a long rant about having checkboxes instead of buttons
for Init/no init until I viewed source and saw that it was already
planned...

Johannes

--
johannes.ljud.org ✿ www.boogiepost.com